One of the big questions among many of the health gurus is how much protein is healthy for average people to eat. If you are trying to make sure you have less body fat and more lean muscle, it is a good idea to pay close attention to your protein consumption as that could be the difference between success and failure. In this article, we are going to overview some of the trends about protein consumption so that you can avoid a few pitfalls.
First of all, even though protein is one of the most important macronutrients for staying lean and healthy, it is definitely not as necessary in the quantities that many people consider. There are some people who think that you need upwards of 1 gram per pound of of bodyweight and that is absurd for many people. There is no reason to eat that much protein because your body will not absorb it and, in many cases, will be put off by it in general.
If you are trying to improve your weight and overall health, it is a good idea for you to make sure that you are getting enough protein, but too much can harm your kidneys in the long run. Even though studies have shown protein is healthy, in high quantities it works the liver and kidneys way harder than you need to. Like anything else, it will tax the body and cause overuse that ends in illness of some sort.
Try to make sure you are getting at least 0.5 – 0.7 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. That means you have a lot more wiggle room than most of the bodybuilders and fitness experts who talk about eating protein in super high quantities. There is no reason to follow this advice.
There are a variety of nootropic drugs on the market, but some of them go better with others than you might suspect. A lot of products that you can purchase to improve your brain health have a synergy with other ingredients. This synergy means that you can get a full effect from using multiple ingredients that is more than taking the two separately. A lot of people who are interested in bacopa monnieri capsules don’t even realize there are compounds that can have a great synergy as well.
- Milk thistle – according to Examine.com, which is an authority on almost anything that has to do with supplements or nutrition, milk thistle is a great supplement to add to your bacopa stack. This is usually used as a way of clearing out your liver and having a much healthier internal system. Combined with bacopa it is just more effective for these purposes.
- Ashwagandha – there are a number of different Ayurvedic herbs like bacopa and perhaps the other most famous one is ashwagandha. This option is an anxiety reducer and it can help people to feel a lot less stress and anxiety when they are trying to perform their daily tasks. Compared to other synthetic drugs, this is a great option that will undoubtedly help you to feel better. The bacopa monnieri will offer other advantages as well.
- Dietary fat – the final thing that you can use in order to get the best effect with bacopa monnieri is a dietary fat of any kind. You’re going to see that dietary fat sources are great options because bacopa is fat soluble. This means that eating a bit of avocado or using some MCT oil is going to help absorption of the bacopa so that you have even better results for your brain than you imagined.
There are thousands of people who are switching diets to what people refer to as the Paleo diet. This is a diet where people eat a lot of meat and vegetables similar to a Paleolithic diet that our ancestors would have eaten. It is quickly becoming a popular method of eating and there are more reasons than one to jump on board the bandwagon.
If you have not heard of Paleo, you can start by just eating meat and vegetables. Here are 3 reasons why it is the best diet:
- It’s evolutionarily appropriate – it doesn’t matter where you come from in this world, the most significant part of your ancestors’ history ate a lot of meat and vegetables. There are very few (if any) societies that are traditional hunter gatherers who ate a vegan style diet or anything similar. Meat was always a big part of the evolution of mankind and it continues to be the best thing for your mind and body even today.
- It is affordable – if you are buying whole foods, like meat, potatoes, and vegetables, there is very little chance you are going to overspend. Most people don’t overspend on Paleo style diet because it is hard to do so, not because they restrict themselves. If you have the right kind of mentality about buying for your diet, you’ll find it is incredibly affordable.
- It is the healthiest – When it comes to having the most efficient brain and body, there are few things better than eating a healthful diet. If you are just getting started with Paleo, you’ll feel very soon how great it is for your brain and your body. As soon as you remove gluten and all the other unhealthy foods, you’ll be thinking clearer and working harder than ever. It’s a change that everyone appreciates when they first start!