One of the big questions among many of the health gurus is how much protein is healthy for average people to eat. If you are trying to make sure you have less body fat and more lean muscle, it is a good idea to pay close attention to your protein consumption as that could be the difference between success and failure. In this article, we are going to overview some of the trends about protein consumption so that you can avoid a few pitfalls.
First of all, even though protein is one of the most important macronutrients for staying lean and healthy, it is definitely not as necessary in the quantities that many people consider. There are some people who think that you need upwards of 1 gram per pound of of bodyweight and that is absurd for many people. There is no reason to eat that much protein because your body will not absorb it and, in many cases, will be put off by it in general.
If you are trying to improve your weight and overall health, it is a good idea for you to make sure that you are getting enough protein, but too much can harm your kidneys in the long run. Even though studies have shown protein is healthy, in high quantities it works the liver and kidneys way harder than you need to. Like anything else, it will tax the body and cause overuse that ends in illness of some sort.
Try to make sure you are getting at least 0.5 – 0.7 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. That means you have a lot more wiggle room than most of the bodybuilders and fitness experts who talk about eating protein in super high quantities. There is no reason to follow this advice.
There are a variety of nootropic drugs on the market, but some of them go better with others than you might suspect. A lot of products that you can purchase to improve your brain health have a synergy with other ingredients. This synergy means that you can get a full effect from using multiple ingredients that is more than taking the two separately. A lot of people who are interested in bacopa monnieri capsules don’t even realize there are compounds that can have a great synergy as well.
- Milk thistle – according to Examine.com, which is an authority on almost anything that has to do with supplements or nutrition, milk thistle is a great supplement to add to your bacopa stack. This is usually used as a way of clearing out your liver and having a much healthier internal system. Combined with bacopa it is just more effective for these purposes.
- Ashwagandha – there are a number of different Ayurvedic herbs like bacopa and perhaps the other most famous one is ashwagandha. This option is an anxiety reducer and it can help people to feel a lot less stress and anxiety when they are trying to perform their daily tasks. Compared to other synthetic drugs, this is a great option that will undoubtedly help you to feel better. The bacopa monnieri will offer other advantages as well.
- Dietary fat – the final thing that you can use in order to get the best effect with bacopa monnieri is a dietary fat of any kind. You’re going to see that dietary fat sources are great options because bacopa is fat soluble. This means that eating a bit of avocado or using some MCT oil is going to help absorption of the bacopa so that you have even better results for your brain than you imagined.
For most people who are trying to incorporate more creativity, fun and enjoyment in their life, there are a few things that everyone can be focused on. For one thing, reducing stress and anxiety is going to have a profound impact on how happy you can be. For another thing, there are basic needs that all kids fulfill, but adults do not. One of the main needs is play.
Adding more play into your life can conjure thoughts of fear and scarcity, which will hamper your ability to have fun and enjoy yourself. The greatest argument for play being added into your life is that it is going to help to reduce your stress and anxiety while increasing the level of creativity that you experience.
How is it possible that play can add more creativity? Just consider some of the recent developments that have come out of play. Elon Musk, the famous founder of SpaceX and Tesla, decided that he was going to play a game with the rocket ship to create private space travel. In interviews he talks about the puzzle pieces he conceptualized that helped him to develop a cheaper rocket.
The same holds true for Japanese origami experts who have used their play to develop satellites and even surgical tools that help with the process of saving lives. All of these life saving and earth shattering developments have come because there are so many people willing to play and use that mindspace to build whatever they are doing. This added playfulness creates health and fulfillment, but also prosperity and benefits for all of mankind.
Therefore, it is your job to get out there and add more play into your life. You’ll find soon enough that it is one of the best things that you can do for your overall health and wellbeing.1
No matter what you read these days, people are talking about how to get a better brain. There are many television shows and movies that depict how these “smart drugs” or nootropics are able to help improve your brain. Many of them are typical amino acids and nutrients that we can find in our every day life. Others are more advanced and can have a profound impact on how our mind functions on a daily basis.
As you will see in this article, nootropics and the accompanying research are showing how valuable these compounds can be for the brain. People in the most successful roles in the world are starting to use nootropics in great scale. Wall Street hedge fund managers, traders, and other people are using nootropics to get the best results. Some popular nootropics include modafinil, piracetam, caffeine, and noopept.
Common and New Nootropics
There are many nootropics that you can use that will help you to improve your cognitive abilities. Some of them, like coffee and fish oil, are common and used across the globe. You might even find that some other foods are nootropics as well, such as chocolate or cocoa. The more important new nootropics are often made specifically for the sake of improving your experience with work and daily practices.
The nootropics in this category are often synthetic. A group of drugs called racetams are the most popular and have been introduced by Soviet scientists during the 1970s. If you are using these more modern and synthetic products, you’ll find they can help in ways that food cannot.
At the same time, there are some isolated herbs and plants that have been used by native peoples for thousands of years. Things like bacopa monnieri have been used in India and Ayurvedic medicine. The same holds true for many south American options and Chinese herbs as well.
There are thousands of people who are switching diets to what people refer to as the Paleo diet. This is a diet where people eat a lot of meat and vegetables similar to a Paleolithic diet that our ancestors would have eaten. It is quickly becoming a popular method of eating and there are more reasons than one to jump on board the bandwagon.
If you have not heard of Paleo, you can start by just eating meat and vegetables. Here are 3 reasons why it is the best diet:
- It’s evolutionarily appropriate – it doesn’t matter where you come from in this world, the most significant part of your ancestors’ history ate a lot of meat and vegetables. There are very few (if any) societies that are traditional hunter gatherers who ate a vegan style diet or anything similar. Meat was always a big part of the evolution of mankind and it continues to be the best thing for your mind and body even today.
- It is affordable – if you are buying whole foods, like meat, potatoes, and vegetables, there is very little chance you are going to overspend. Most people don’t overspend on Paleo style diet because it is hard to do so, not because they restrict themselves. If you have the right kind of mentality about buying for your diet, you’ll find it is incredibly affordable.
- It is the healthiest – When it comes to having the most efficient brain and body, there are few things better than eating a healthful diet. If you are just getting started with Paleo, you’ll feel very soon how great it is for your brain and your body. As soon as you remove gluten and all the other unhealthy foods, you’ll be thinking clearer and working harder than ever. It’s a change that everyone appreciates when they first start!
There are plenty of health filled drinks that you can find at the store, such as kombucha, tea, coffee, and others, which all claim to have antioxidants and other nutrients. While some of these are true and the value is great, it might not be the one thing that you need the most every day. In fact, if you drank only tea every day, the reason that might be healthful is because of all the water that goes into making it!
No drinks can be made without water and that means it is something that you are consuming every day. In fact, you should drink more water if you want to have the most healthful results.
Why is Water so Important?
The first reason why water is so important is because it is primarily what humans are made of. You are filled with water, specifically in your skin, and it is a huge part of your overall weight. If you find that you are not able to handle situations as well as you’d like, water is a good place to start.
It is not useful to think water is the solution for every problem, but it is definitely true that water is going to help you to have a much more improved experience in everything that you do. Your brain needs a lot of water to function so it will perform better. You will find that water is going to make a big difference in your physical shape and aesthetics as well.
In reality, water is the life blood that we all need in order to survive and it is no wonder that people are constantly advocating drinking more water. It is universally one of the best rules to keep in mind if you want to make sure you have the best experience.
Most people have some genetic lineage that has memory loss, senile dementia or memory loss. If you’re one of these people, no matter how old you are, it’s important to start preventative measures as soon as you can. One of the best things that you can do is to eat foods that will help you to prevent memory loss because you need to eat already and it might as well be healthy!
Use these 4 memory enhancing foods to improve your diet and you’ll never need to worry whether you are doing your part to combat the memory loss:
- Fish – this is filled with omega-3 fatty acids, which are a type of fat that help to improve the connections in your brain. Specifically, the omega-3 fatty acids are filled with DHA and EPA, which are similar to what parts of your brain is made of! You can also take supplements to get the DHA & EPA that your brain needs. Fish oil or Krill oil are both great sources of DHA & EPA.
- Cacao – if you have had chocolate, you know that it is a delicious treat that is filled with antioxidants. The darker the chocolate, the more cacao you will get and sometimes it is better to just buy cacao powder for the full effect. With this, you’ll be on your way to clearing your brain in no time.
- Sweet potato – surprise! A regular sweet potato is filled with vitamins and minerals, such as magnesium, potassium, and others. If you eat a lot of sweet potato, you’re going to have a much better experience with memory simply because your brain is not deprived of the nutrients that it really needs.
- Leafy greens – There are many types of leafy greens that you can choose from, but particular favorites are spinach, arugula, and chard. With these green vegetables, you will get more nutrients than you expected and have a much easier time preventing memory loss in the future.
Even though there are tons of foods out there that will help you to have a more productive day, improve your memory, and all aspects of your life, you are going to find that there are certain things that modern humans have created, which will detract from your brain’s capacity. In this article, we are going to cover some of the main foods that you are using in your diet, which may be ruining your brain.
As you’ll see, they are giving you some short term satisfaction in the form of good feelings, but they are really hurting you in the long run. Try to take this cautionary article seriously because it could mean the difference between success and failure!
Don’t Eat These Brain Bashing Foods
There are a few foods that you need to be careful of in particular. One is gluten, which is just a protein that is found in wheat products. It is a relatively new capability for humans to be able to handle gluten and it is only able to go back for the past 12,000 years or so. The agricultural revolution brought gluten into our diet and there are plenty of people who are diagnosed intolerant and others who just show symptoms and signs.
Other foods that you should avoid are vegetable oils, such as sunflower oil, palm oil, and canola oil. All of these are made from vegetables that have plenty of benefits, but when they are refined and brought into a fat of some sort, it ends up causing health problems. The fats that you should use instead are coconut oil, olive oil, and butter.
If you avoid these foods, as well as most refined sugar, you are going to be in a better spot than most people. Your brain will thank you and it is going to work more efficiently to do the tasks you require of it. You’ll find better memory, enhanced learning, and concentration as well.
Whether you are a vegetarian or a Paleo dieter, there is one thing that should be in common for both diets: fish. While fish is definitely a meat and thus does not fit into the vegetarian category, it is often considered the only food that vegetarians are willing to incorporate into their diet. If you want to take advantage of the benefits we explain below, it is worth it to you to get this super food:
- Fish has omega-3 fatty acids – For your brain, the number one nutrient it can get are omega-3 fatty acids and particularly DHA and EPA. These are two of the most important because it is what your brain is made of. If you eat these nutrients you are going to get the best results and have a much more efficient work day.
- Fish is full of lean protein – Protein is important no matter who you are and some people (Vegetarians) need it more than others. The good thing about fish is that it is a lean source of protein rather than a fatty one. This means that you will have no problems with other health detracting features of the food.
Because of these two things alone, you should eat more fish and realize that not only is it healthy but it tastes great too! Most people who are starting off with a fish diet add some glaze and sauces to the fish before cooking it. The process is great and you’ll find that there are many ways that you can use this to your advantage to get a better brain and a better body.
If you don’t believe us, simply go look at any online health portal and look at the foods they recommend. Fish is almost always at the top of any list!